IntroductionGejengel is an audio player which focuses on performance and simplicity, yet with a nice set of features.
Some key features:
- Easy to use
- Properly handles compilation albums (even if album artist tag is not set)
- Lean and fast (low on dependencies)
- Gapless playback (even for mp3 by reading encoder delay, zeropadding from files)
- Various audio outputs (Alsa, Pulseaudio, OpenAL)
- Last.Fm scrobbling (optional plugin)
- Remote control through dbus (MPRIS specification) (optional plugin)
Version 0.1.3 has been released, containing some bug fixes.
- Fixed underruns in alsarender on certain hardware
- Fixed random album art shown at startup
- Fixed assertion failure in Pulse audio output
- Fixed 64-bit compilation error
- Removed libsexy dependency
Version 0.1.2 has been released, containing some bug fixes and minor improvements.
- Option added to minimize to tray
- Properly use XDG directories for storing config files and data
- Fixed segmentation fault when destroying dbus plugin
- Use updated interface of lastfmlib 0.4.0
- Right clicking on a column header in the track view allows you to select the visible columns
- Spanish translation added (thanks to mati86dl)
Version 0.1.1 has been released, containing some bug fixes and minor improvements.
- Don't show disc label if no disc info is present
- Fixed libnotify showing default action in xfce4-notifyd
- Don't install unnecessary library
- Requires lastfmlib 0.3.1 now
JulyGejengel 0.1.0 released
Version 0.1.0 has been released, containing some bug fixes and minor improvements.
- Save sort order of the treeviews
- A library scan detects changes in emedded album art
- Changed Last.fm client identifier
- Show disc number in track info if present
A third release candidate has been released, containing some important bug fixes.
- CTRL+F puts focus in the search field
- Basic layout added (no images so low memory usage)
- Fixed compilation errors with gcc 4.4
- Fixed library scan not working on certain filesystems
A second release candidate has been released, get it in the download section.
- Albums with same name and different artist are now put in db separately
- Fixed exception when compiling with only pulseaudio support
- Fixed tray icon tooltip not properly displaying & symbol
- Fixed pulseaudio asserts caused by invoking async operation without lock
- Reset search entry after layout change
A first release candidate has been created, get it in the download section.
I think the project has reached a stage where it is ready for testing by people who are interested. Currently the only possibility
is to build the project from subversion.
To build from subversion run the following commands:
sudo make install